UFP
2 (2.7%)
Empire
6 (8.1%)
Other
38 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 30, 2010, 02:44:36 PM

Author Topic: Most Feared Alliance  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Poetic Justice

• View Profile
Re: Most Feared Alliance
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 05:11:37 AM »
Quote from: "Master"

This is not the only uni that I am top ten in an besides I haven't spent all that much time all you have to do it check in every 20 minutes for about 1 minute or less and you can do what I did. mining is easy and pays far more than fleeting at this point.

You my friend may be one of the best players SFC has ever seen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Poetic Justice - for when the law doesn\'t prevail...

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 05:14:14 AM »
Quote from: "Poetic Justice"

This is not the only uni that I am top ten in an besides I haven't spent all that much time all you have to do it check in every 20 minutes for about 1 minute or less and you can do what I did. mining is easy and pays far more than fleeting at this point.

No I wouldn't go that far. I just know how to mine better than most, although I usually lose my focus and stop mining too early.
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Poetic Justice

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »
lol well then lets say this, you may be one of the most respected players I know in SFCx.  So many players respect you.  Keep it up.
Poetic Justice - for when the law doesn\'t prevail...

Offline DrZed

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 07:40:19 AM »
Quote from: "Poetic Justice"

No I wouldn't go that far. I just know how to mine better than most, although I usually lose my focus and stop mining too early.

I hear ya on that. Maybe I'll keep it up and stay in the top ten here longer than I did in X. Already frustrated with all the strategic blunders I've made. Not to mention the 14 abandonded planets.
Retired (semi \":)\"

Offline Mona Stangley

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
Oh DrZed!  :lol:  Last I saw you were doing much better then top ten.  ;)

Of course, it is a close race. Even I am catching up to you... :shock:

Quote from: "DrZed"
I hear ya on that. Maybe I'll keep it up and stay in the top ten here longer than I did in X. Already frustrated with all the strategic blunders I've made. Not to mention the 14 abandonded planets.
SFCO- Profit alias Mona Stangley (retired)
Uni2- RMA Moonkey Bizness (retired)
X2- Honey Badger (retired)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

I'm just curious on your mines right now. I've managed to keep about 1200 points on master since the last day or two, but you, you've managed to narrow the RSP gap. Even after an overnight Build of SA20, and Armor 8, among other things.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »
Quote from: "Mona Stangley"
Oh DrZed!  :lol:  Last I saw you were doing much better then top ten.  ;)

Of course, it is a close race. Even I am catching up to you... :shock:

Its about time someone knocked me off the #1 spot, even if only for an hour. I've been hurdling Krewity's defense/fleet/DSP all week  :lol:

Offline Chameleon314

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »
Overall Rank is a joke! You can never use that as a way of deciding who the most feared is. It boils down to 2 criteria. Who has the most and largest ships and who has the most dsp. I fear nobody bacause anyone withing 5 hours of attacking me has less dsp and fleet than me. Just because an alliance can boost their stats by having an insane crew points or 20k probes doesn't mean anyone should fear them. Focus on what's important this DSP not overall rank.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »
Quote from: "Chameleon314"
Overall Rank is a joke! You can never use that as a way of deciding who the most feared is. It boils down to 2 criteria. Who has the most and largest ships and who has the most dsp. I fear nobody bacause anyone withing 5 hours of attacking me has less dsp and fleet than me. Just because an alliance can boost their stats by having an insane crew points or 20k probes doesn't mean anyone should fear them. Focus on what's important this DSP not overall rank.

It is a new universe, we have to give it time to figure that kind of stuff out. A lot of guys like myself, are focusing on infrastructure first, ergo, have little to show for DSP or perhaps even a fleet. Not much you can really do at this point, my RSP is so high I am limited to like, the top 400 people to attack. Once a good portion of the universe crosses the 25k mark, then we'll start sorting out who is who  ;)

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »
There are a lot for DSP gained form moon shots too and some people get a lot form unprofitable attacks or even losing their fleets.  DSP can be a good indicator but not by itself.

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Chameleon314

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
There are a lot for DSP gained form moon shots too and some people get a lot form unprofitable attacks or even losing their fleets.  DSP can be a good indicator but not by itself.

If anyone is moon shotting as this point they deserve to be shot in real life. I totally agree about DSP not being the only indicator but combined with fleet is about as accurate you can get this early in the game.

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »
This early in the game you should not be fleeting much. Look at the top players for build points they also have ow DSP. There is a reason we have low DSP and that is that right now missions pay better than 90% of the attacks going on.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »

If anyone is moon shotting as this point they deserve to be shot in real life. I totally agree about DSP not being the only indicator but combined with fleet is about as accurate you can get this early in the game.

Pretty sure he was talking about "empty" DSP in the future as compared to achieved DSP. As it sits right now, RSP is the only true indicator, research coming second, and then DSP.

You can attack all day right off the bat with your artemis and apollo, but if they aren't fast enough, or you can't even harvest the debris, or hell, not even profit over mission income, it is a waste to even launch an attack.

Offline Chameleon314

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
True but if you keep destroying their ships and taking 1/2 their resources then they will never have a recycler to collect it.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 11:42:40 PM »
True but if you keep destroying their ships and taking 1/2 their resources then they will never have a recycler to collect it.

I think you just missed the point.

If YOU don't have a recycler, or the speed to get to a target in a reasonable amount of time, and don't gain as many resources as you'd get from missions, it would be a waste.

you not necessarily meaning you specifically, but rather, would be attackers.

birthmark-ant